Smartek consists of very strong Neodymium magnets. These magnets are very small and over the past years various children and teens have hurt themselves by ingesting them. Currently the guidelines are very strict which also apply to the original Smartek building blocks (12mm). A complete Smartek block is still so small that is can be ingested by children, teens and adults. Therefore they are potentially harmful to everybody even when there is a piece of plastic around the magnet.
Smartek original 12mm cubes are verified by an external independent lab as save products based on the General Product Safety Directive (GPSD) 2001/95/EC. To ensure Smartek building blocks are not sold to consumers under 14 years we follow these rules:
All these rules also apply to our resellers and distributers.
If you have any concerns or if you think there is any safety issue with our products please let us know. Anything we can do to improve our product or communication is something we want to learn from.